I've always wondered why people do this whole web logging (a.k.a., blogging) thing, but now I think I can actually see some benefit in it and use it with purpose. Several people have actually contacted me lately about journaling my upcoming adventures. Why? I have no idea. Maybe they want hours of painful ramblings to torture their basement trolls with. It's anyone's guess...
Allow me to get right to the point of this blog. As of 5:00PM tomorrow, I will start a new chapter of my life. The excitement and energy is flowing through me like it hasn't been in years! In reality, this is probably more than a new chapter. I am in hopes that it will be a new book entirely! The last book ended on a bit of a downer, almost on like an "Empire Strikes Back" kind of note. Only I was the one entombed in the block of carbonite looking all contorted with mouth gaping open in a "WTF just happened" look on my face. For those of you that have known me for the past several years, you know what I am referring to. For those of you relatively new to my life, those are stories that need not be repeated here!
Hopefully this new book will have a sort of "Return of the Jedi" motif to it. Ok, before I lose all the non-sci-fi people out there, I will cut the Star Wars references (for now...) Anyway, prior to launching into my sci-fi tangent, I was trying to explain that my new story starts tomorrow. It is scary because I am leaving my well-paying, professional job without having another job lined up. Oh and in case you haven't noticed, it is the worst economy of many of our lifetimes, so I have to love the irony of my timing! In all honesty, I am not worried about the state of the world's economy with regards to how it affects me. I know that I need this break from my profession, and I need it right now. Instinctively, it just feels right. I feel like I have been fighting against my intuition for too long anyway. I need to unbind my shackles and set my spirit free again.
Where does my journey begin? In Minneapolis. Did anyone see that coming??? I like to keep you all scratching your heads, so I hope you like surprises! Why Minneapolis? (you might ask.) Through my recent travels, I have met some truely incredible people from that area. I would like to spend a couple weeks with my friends there. I'm being vague aren't I? Perhaps I need to expand on the intentions of my journeys, and I will in time. For now, let me say that I need some time to dig deep into exactly what I need to be doing with my life. Put simply it's a re-evaluation period for myself. I have always felt very confident in the direction my life was heading, until the depression of the last several years. My spirit and heart were crushed, and I have never fully recovered all the pieces. I am ready to do that now. However, I know I can't do it alone. I come to my friends, with my hat in my hand, asking for their help.
I seek guidance from spirit as well. I know some of you don't think of me as a spiritual person because I don't share my beliefs with many people. However, I am actually very spiritual, just not very religious if you know what I mean. In any case, my journeys will be somewhat of a sabbatical. I am in no rush to get back into my profession until I have some personal demons dealt with and some time to rejuvenate my soul. It's time to take time for me and be a little selfish, which I have never been good at.
In essence, these are the journeys that I will write about in the coming days for an indefinite amount of time.

No comments:
Post a Comment