Friday, October 23, 2009

The Grand Sending

Ok, I admit I had some butterflies fluttering around in my stomach this morning when I approached my office for the last time. I think I even had some woodpeckers flapping and pecking at my brain trying to wake me up from this potentially colossal mistake I may be making. Strangely, I have been very calm through this whole upheaval, and thankfully it didn't take long for me to bring myself back to that calm this morning.

In case I needed any more assurance that I am doing the right thing for myself by leaving my miserable job, all I had to do was attend my farewell luncheon today. A grand total of 12 people showed up to say goodbye to me. This might not sound bad, but consider I work for a city that employs a couple hundred people! The darkly amusing part was that a few of them only showed up for the free food and never said a word to me. Need I say more?

Oh well, tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning, and I couldn't be happier about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment