Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Crossroads of the Fates

The holidays have ended, and the dust has settled from the family storm. Now, I find myself in the waiting room of destiny. In the last couple months, I have sent out a dozen resumes to jobs that I would be well qualified to do yet reaching for the next level in my career. Of course I didn't really expect to hear back regarding any interviews before the holidays were over, but now those expectations have changed. Any day now, a phone call could come in from any number of job applications, or not. I feel that I need to delay further travels until I give a couple weeks for employers to get back to me. Obviously I don't want to get too far away from the places I am applying to, in case a call for an interview comes in. However, if I don't have any calls in the next couple of weeks, then I will start my journey out of the Midwest. In the meantime, I wait at the crossroads.

Some personal things have been resolved in the last couple weeks anyway. I have decided to shift my life from relaxation mode into motivation and action. Since I am still waiting for another couple weeks, I will be in the planning stages for implementing these actions for now. Technically, I will be working on Plan B and Plan C, since these will be the routes I will take if the job search produces nothing. Plan B will consist of journeying on to visit more friends and doing limited job searching in the areas that I visit. Plan C will be more or less the sabbatical plan where I decide to scrap the job search (for now) and live life to the fullest until the money runs out.

In these plans, I am now starting to consider traveling abroad more seriously. I mean seriously, when will be the next time I will have so much free time on my hands to spend weeks or months abroad? Most likely that time will be 30-40 years from now when I retire. Given so many variables in that amount of time, I think I would be foolish to not take advantage of the opportunities to travel that I have right now!

If anyone actually reads this blog, I would greatly appreciate any words of encouragement or words of advice. I feel like I am at such a crucial juncture in my life right now, and it is a little overwhelming at times to make sure I am doing what I should be doing. Although honestly, it is more exciting than anything. The Universe has provided me with many blessings and gifts - I don't want to take any of those things for granted and I don't want to miss any opportunities.

1 comment: