As some of you are aware, I left Omaha yesterday to begin my journey of insanity. It was an exhausting week prior, filled with cleaning, packing and moving, so when I hit the road yesterday it was nice to finally relax and enjoy a beautiful drive to Minneapolis on a mild, Autumn day. The winds were in my favor all day, so I felt like a falling leaf being carried away.
My dear friends here in the Minneapolis area have been gracious enough to take me in to their homes, so I feel well taken care of! I am thankful for my friends every day. As I have moved into this transitional time in my life, I have received so much love and support from my closest friends. It's times like these that I discover who my true friends are really.
If it weren't for all the support around me, I think I would be a hysterical heap of disaster. I have a considerable amount of confusion, disillusion, and unhappiness that has built up for several years, and now it is time to clean that waste out of the mental closet. In the short amount of time that I have broken away from the life that I knew, I would describe myself as disturbingly relaxed. When I stop and think about what I have done (in leaving my job and my home), I panic a little. Typically I am a very logically-thinking, reasonable person. I do enjoy taking calculated risks and being spontaneous, but this latest manuever is well over the top of my norm. My panic subsides when I think of all the support and love I have from my friends and I assure myself that this is only temporary. I WILL have a new job again relatively soon; I WILL have a new home again relatively soon; and it WILL be a better life than that one I just gave up! This interim period is a much needed break for me. It is necessary to recharge my heart and soul, which has been thoroughly drained in the past several years. Besides won't this make for some great stories to tell in the future?
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Safe travels, my friend. Keep walking!
ReplyDelete