I can't explain just how wonderful it has been to relax and regroup for the past week. We've all taken vacations from time to time - a chance to get away from the "real world" and escape the day to day stress of work and home. Believe me, I am not deluded enough to think that I am on vacation and have no worries in the world, but I am experiencing something so much different than ever before. I don't have that lingering expiration date in the back of my head counting down the days and hours until I return to my office. Even better, I don't have that dreaded feeling of "how ridiculously stacked is my desk going to be when I get back?!" You know those worries when you're on your vacation that either don't allow you to have a good time while you're away, or you just get more stressed out when you return from your vacation and wonder why you left in the first place? Thankfully, I don't have to worry about returning to that hellish place ever again!
This week, I have been in the Twin Cities meeting new people and enjoying time with some close friends. Put simply, I have been living life! I feel like I have been letting the past several years of my life pass me by without actually taking note of any purpose or intent to it. The past several years have gelled into a blur of repetition that makes it seem like months instead of years. Willfully, I've rediscovered true time again, whereas this week actually FELT like two weeks because it has been enjoyable and new! Fortunately, I didn't waste another week sitting behind an office desk for a week wishing my time away, wishing it was Friday or Saturday. Instead, I've been living in the moment and being thankful for every breath of life I have!
As you can probably tell, I am not taking this lightly... this is a REAL opportunity for me to start a better life for myself. It is important that I not rush this. Otherwise, I could end up in another bad situation or repeating past mistakes. Either or those scenarios, I cannot afford to have happen! At the same time, I can't squander this chance because I may not get this opportunity again for another 30 years! No pressure right?? LOL Actaully there isn't... I just need to listen to my heart and look for inspiration and direction again.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment