Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Milking the Light of the Dark Moon

Those of us north of the equator have entered the dark half of the year in the midst of its first dark moon. Ahhh yes, the exact darkness to which I was borne into 35 years ago, which makes me feel like I have returned to my beginnings. I relish the dark moon and its inherent psychic play that guides me on an inward journey through the depths of self while I search for the yearnings of my soul. Instinctively, my energy wanes with the light of days. In the coming months I will undoubtedly recoil into a harsh solitude, but not yet. For the time being, I am reveling in much happiness as if I am feeding off of the energy and power of the Leonids as they dance overhead. I am finding light in the darkness; I am finding happiness in the solitude; I am finding luck in the source of my life!

It has been no coincidence that I returned to celebrate my birthday in the city I was born and raised in. It's somehow inspiring to return from whence I came. I have been spending my past week in quiet meditation and isolation during the days and in celebration at nights. I will revel in everyday I can continue finding light on this unknown, darkened path!

No comments:

Post a Comment